Elders Mystery School – 2019
Exploring the Spiritual Law and Cultural Lore of the land and the people
April 24th (6pm) to 28th (3pm) at Kupidabin Cultural Centre, 7 Lyell Court, Mt Samson, North Brisbane Qld
The Mystery School is our flagship indigenous program taught by elders from local places as well as invited national and international elders. We are now into our seventh year with a dozen elders and hundreds of people having taken part in the journey.
Our Elders are the keepers of closely held wisdom and teachings that have been preserved and passed down through oral tradition. This knowledge is now taught through the traditional shamanic Mystery School experience where we live together as a tribe in one place and draw upon the environment around us as our learning circle.
The Mystery School helps to bring indigenous knowledge into the light for all to learn and to heal. We will journey and connect deeply with ourselves and each other through deepening our connection with sacred Mother Earth. Your immersion in this program will be transformational and many of our participants return each year.
May you find your answers and guidance from sitting in circle at the sacred fire with our beautiful and loving elders.
What’s New in 2019
We are offering some advanced teachings this year for those regular participants as well as those who come with a strong immersion into our Law/Lore. There will be two or more sessions offered at the same time on selected parts of the program as well as an opportunity for us to learn from you.
We have found it necessary to restrict the age of children from 9 years and older. Whilst there could be some leeway, please talk to us about our criteria if you have children you want to bring. The protocol of respect is important to uphold and this was a problem with young children in the 2018 camp.
Cost: $660 for full program (4 days, 4 nights) – fully catered & includes accommodation, program materials, elders’ costs and teachings
Per day: $180 (24 hour stay)
Children – $420 for full program; $110 per day; family package available
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL – if paid in full by April 1st: $610 Adults / $380 children
DEPOSIT: $180 adults / $110 children to secure your spot – full payment required on arrival
*NOTE: we were full in 2018 and had to turn people away. If you can, please pay your deposit asap to secure your booking.
Elders are offering individual healing sessions in addition to the program and payment can be made directly to them on the day. Details are on the booking form.
Photos of Kupidabin Cultural Centre can be found on their Facebook page: KUPIDABIN WILDERNESS
- Welcome to Country
- Status before ‘white fella’ settlement
- Aboriginal Law/Lore and Culture
- Dreamtime Creation Stories
- Protocols and Respect
- Dreaming Circle – how you live your life; your Dreaming
- Healing and Empowering the Songlines you carry
- Cultural Integrity & Two Way Culture
- The place for indigenous guidance & the Silence Quest
- Preparing your sacred Journey and Walkabout
- Totem & Animal Reconnection
- Traditional Healing
- Using Ochre for Healing
- Indigenous Grandmother Teachings
- Calling each other back through Ritual and Ceremony
- Medicine Wheel & the elements of initiation
- Spiritual Astrology
- Unfinished Business
- Sweat Lodge one evening (optional) – details provided on booking form
- Healing Our Songlines Ceremony
- New Dreaming and New Law/Lore
- Ancestral Healing
- and much more!
At Kupidabin there are mattresses available for sleeping on the floor in the Native Long House. Bring sleeping bag/sheets & pillow.
Camping is okay – bring all your own stuff.
Share bathroom facilities.
You can stay for extra nights for an additional fee per night. Please make these arrangements with the caretaker upon arrival. Additional stay outside of the formal program is self catered.
We have a delicious healthy and nutritious menu planned and we will take turns to assist the cooking team. Please indicate any dietary needs on the booking form.
You can arrive anytime on Wednesday 24th April. A light meal will be available from 6pm and is included with the program cost. We want to ensure you are ready for this special experience after travelling.
Our closing fire will commence at 1pm on Sunday 28th April as part of our lunch together, allowing time in the afternoon for you to travel home with a full belly.
WHAT TO BRING
- Sleeping gear, pillow, towel, toiletries. Tent if you are camping.
- Torch, natural mosquito repellant if you need it, hat, sunscreen, water bottle. There are plastic chairs however you may prefer a favourite fold-up chair.
- Your own snacks and any special dietary needs. We have 3 meals planned each day and can cater for most dietary requirements.
- Dress for the outdoors. Our teachings are mostly outside. We have shoes off in the Long House so perhaps bring inside slippers. In bad weather we teach inside.
- A gift for the elders. This is a respectful protocol when we come in to circle with elders to learn from them. Suggestions include – something you have made or written or painted or drawn; something from your ‘country’; something precious to you; whatever is in your heart as an opening to receive. Please do not spend extravagantly as this will embarrass the elders. Keep it simple and special. This is a teaching in itself about sacredness. For our 2019 EMS we have 5-6 elders attending.
- We will be assisting you with your journey. Bring a piece of wood, a stick, a staff, something you find in a natural bush setting that resonates with you. Bring several sticks if you wish.
- We will need feathers, shells, seeds, seedpods and other natural items as part of our work together. We have a stash already but you might like to start collecting something from your ‘country’ and bring to share.
- Your astrology chart if you have one for the Spiritual Astrology session.
- Percussion musical instruments (optional). Clapsticks, drums & Didj players would be great!
- There will be a Sacred Altar/Medicine Wheel. You are welcome to add your sacred item(s) to receive blessings.
- Your inquisitive nature, open mind, open heart and your good humour!
Contact Aunty Mulara for registration and booking form or for more information – m +61 (0)408 496 622 / firstname.lastname@example.org / or fill out the contact details below.